From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:18:17 -0400
Hi Rick,

I am writing to ask you not to leave.  I am in the beginning stages of
being a shelter mom and started out the same way as you have.  Your input
on the fml has been and will continue to be invaluable to me and others
like me on the fml.  I agree with you about animals and their souls.  I
also have watched and cried as I held a little one that was just too sad to
continue living.  I have managed to nurse some back, with a LOT of love and
individual attention but I have also lost some no matter how hard I fought.

I am asking you to ignore those who obviously dont know what is going on.
Who have never held a heartbroken ferret or watched a depressed ferret
sleep its life away.  I am asking you to do this so that those of us who
care passionately about all living creatures (especially ferrets) will
continue to benefit from your experience and your compassion.  Humans can
stick up for and defend themselves.  These little ones cannot.

Dooks and Blessings,

Karen and the Fuzzy Beach Bums