From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 03:05:13 -0500
Hi, all.  Well, I have a couple of unrelated questions.

(1) How common is it for early spay/neuters to be de-scented as well, and
what should I do about the following problem?  I am having a helluva time
with one of my little girls, Xena, an early spay who it seems was de-scented
-- IMPROPERLY -- at the same time.  She is having a terrible time with anal
sac impactions because some anal gland tissue was left behind.  My vet says
I will need to watch from now on to make certain I pull *out* these
impactions -- they're hard and crusty -- before they get too big.  This is
awfully PAINFUL!  for my poor little baby, and it ain't no picnic for me,
either.  :( Should I consider having the rest of the malfunctioning gland
removed?  How much will it increase her potential for anal abcesses if I
don't?  Is is a difficult procedure?  What's the recovery time?  I'm trying
to decide if the discomfort she is suffering is worth looking into the
operation, or not.

(2) Does anyone know if there is a ferret club in Lincoln, Nebraska?  I know
there's one in Omaha, but it's too difficult and impractical now for me to
travel that far (50 or 60 miles, big city) for meetings.  If no one knows of
a club, are there any other FML readers here in Lincoln interested in
starting one?

"It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have been
searching for evidence which could support this."
                                        -- Bertrand Russell