From:
"Monkey, Kona, Two, and Mitz Schlossberg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 20:52:21 -0400
well Kona went to get his last Distemper shot today, and I asked the vet
about teeth brushing.  Dr Donna said start them out by wrapping a finger in
guaze (just a little needed).  Then rub their teeth with it.  This gets them
used to having something in their mouth and it cleans too.  She said later
you can use a dog tooth paste (It's digestable), but it can make some touchy
stomached ones sick to their tummy.  She said the finder tip tooth brush
(rubber) is nice too if you want.  And that baking soda instead is good for
some and for others it upsets the tummy.

So overall guaze on the finger is the winner.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Happy brushing.... and remember catch those green spots on teeth (plaque)
before they turn into cavities.

-Raechel

-Raechel (Watchur6) & Kevin (Sparky)

=-= Monkey, Kona, Mitz, and Two =-= [log in to unmask] =-=
 "Look Mom and Dad, We have our own email address!"
                VISIT OUR FERRET WEB PAGE
      http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/8259/