From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:14:41 -0400
Everybody, it is with a heavy heart that I ask you to mix a stiff vodka
drink and raise your glass with me, in a toast to a beautiful life that
was lost today.  Anakin Skywalker Baxter has left us today, 4 days short
of being with me for 4 years.

He died during surgery, after crashing hard today.  He was fine this
morning, but when I came home to feed him on my lunch, he was not
responding.  We made (another) emergency visit to the vet, where she ran
more blood work.  He blood-sugar was 2-hundred something and his white
blood cell count was around 44,000.  For those of you who aren't ferret
people, both of those numbers are way off the charts.  (I'm told)  She
sort of diagnosed an intestinal blockage and warned me of the risks of
surgery, but we were losing him anyhow.  I thought that the only way he
could possibly stand a chance was the surgery.

She initially found nothing and is performing a necropsy.  She'll call me
tomorrow with anything.  He is being cremated, as is my ferret protocol.
Ashes are being returned to me (of course).  I will keep everyone up to
date with anything of interest.

He was a ferret stud muffin, always getting complimented on his looks.
He loved to ham it up for the camera and would always smile as soon as
someone entered the room with a camera.  He was my beautiful glass of
champagne that always lit up my life.  He was a ferret who literally
earned his wings, in flying across the country and back with me.

So, raise your glasses with me, mourn and then celebrate his life.  I
gave him all that I possibly could.

Gatekeeper, please keep an eye out for him.  He might be confused because
his life was ended too early.  Take him in the right direction.  Assure
him that his Mommy loves him that that I'll take care of Kahlua.  Point
him toward Luka.  Tell him I said it's ok to give her a chomp, but just a
little one.  Maybe if there's someplace over the bridge that has turkey,
you could point him to there too.  Turkey seemed to be his favorite.

Finally, to quote the book Watership Down:
'My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.'

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wonder are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

"May it be you journey on
To light the day;
When the night is overcome