From:
"Sue M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:02:59 -0500
They likely went to Ramsey county "Humane" Society, which has not worked
with the shelter, routinely kills ferrets they don't consider adoptable
(i.e. not young and cute and healthy), and has in the past had a bad record
for the information that they've given out on ferrets.  They are notorious
for not giving any information (including not telling a *vet* what their
"ferret shot" is!).  They've also been known to sell animals to labs for
research.  The in the Company of Ferrets shelter has asked for the ferrets
(in the past) that Ramsey think are unadoptable, and Ramsey county has
refused to turn them over.  They have, however, apparantly started telling
people that they will kill the ferrets after they're paid the $40 dump fee,
so many are still being taken to the In the Company of Ferrets shelter by
their owners who don't want to pay.  However, it is not likely, if their
track record remains true, that the ferrets taken from that home have much
of a chance for a better life, or any at all, unless they were lucky enough
to be perfectly healthy, very young, and very cute.

Wish I could tell you better news.

Sue M.
I don't pillage, I do preemptive salvage operations