From:
"Voorhees, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:07:27 -0400
I can provide many citations as to the health hazards of Ozone generators.
I can also provide information as to how ozone generators really work.  At
least one manufacturer has been taken to court for false advertising.  If
you MUST buy an ozone generator please do the following before you
purchase:

1. Ignore all anecdotal "success" stories.  If you just spent $600 would
not you say "This is wonderful".  What are you going to say "Was I stupid.
I spent $600 for something that did not work or created other problems."

2. Find a scientific study that was not funded by someone selling ozone
generators that indicates that ozone generators are beneficial and safe
in a home based air cleaning application.  If you find one please let me
know.  To date I do not know of any.  Ozone is used in other applications
but not "air cleaning" in a home setting.

Bruce and critter