From:
Jason Creager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:25:27 -0700
Hi everyone,

I've been out of the ferret game since the passing of my last girl awhile
back, so I *seriously* doubt anyone here would remember me even though
I've been subscribed to the list since the times of 14.4Kbd modems.
(Geez, I feel old!)  I also donate money out of every paycheck to CJ's
shelter (RIP(the shelter, not CJ!)) and have donated in the past to the
CDFA, so I'm definitely a "ferret person".

That said, I have an odd request.

My previous job was at Siegfried & Roy's show here in Las Vegas.  So, I
know a couple of professional animal handlers.  One of them has a friend
who is a Hollywood animal handler/trainer.  If you've seen a film with
an animal in it, you've seen his work.

He needs to film a sable jill nursing some kits as soon as humanly
possible.  Naturally, he's having trouble finding a ferret breeder in
California!  He contacted my friend, who then contacted me.  I don' t
know any breeders, hence this post.

Of course, it would be easier to find someone in California, but he can
fly a crew out if need be.  You will be compensated for your time and
trouble.  Now, if you're in California, the company could probably donate
to the CDFA instead of paying you, but you'd have to work that out with
them.

So, if you want your ferrets in the movies, PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY
AND NOT ON THE LIST!  Use a subject that will stand out (like
"FerretsForFilm") so that your email will stand out from the tons of
messages (lists and spam) that I receive.

Time is absolutely of the essence.  I will post to the list when the
request has been filled.  This is all the information I have.  I will
forward your contact info to my friend.

Thanks much!
Jason