From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:58:59 EDT
Hi everyone!

I am writing with a plea for help.  I rescued two adorable, but neglected
female ferrets from a lady a few weeks ago.  I posted here to the FML and
I got a few responses but unfort, no one was able to take them.

I have contacted shelter after shelter to see if they could help me, but so
far there really is nobody who has responded.  My main goal was to bring
them to a shleter near me, they are all full.

a NJ shelter contacted me but when I tried to get in touch again, I didnt
hear anything back. I hope that they aren't saying No to me now.

I was hoping that these cuties would go to a home vs a shelter to avoid any
more problems in transitioning them--but right now, I see that a shelter is
better than at my house.  they are becoming bonded with my three and vice
versa.  I don't think this is good for anyone of them.

~~
If anyone is interested, Or knows of a shelter...someone that can help.
Please have them contact me.

here is the info on the two ferrets.
Bonnie and clyde (names can be changed--they dont' know them since I think
the previous owner just kinda made it up as they went along)

When I got them they were both under a Lb in weight.  and were caged all
day.  The lady admitted she thought they were like hamsters.  she rescued
them from someone else that didn't have time for them and did the same
thing.  When they read the ferret book they started letting them out
once/week!  The lady knew this was bad but was shocked when she heard that
they needed to be out for at least 2hrs/day!!

they are aged between 3-4 yrs.  old according to her.  She wasn't sure.
Neither am I.  they act younger but I am really bad at aging by their
teeth.  Activity wise they are awake all the time--and play like younger
fuzzies.  they DON'T BITE--it is amazing that they had this life and they
don't nip and all and they are pretty good about the litter box too!  they
have a cage but it is really awkward in size to clean (small opening for
long cage).  it was obvious the lady cleaned it right before I got there
since you could still smell the chemicals and the ferret shampoos.  I
cleaned them up pretty good.

Bonnie is a little darling with the more impish personality.  silver/white
with dark ruby eyes.  her coat changed from yellow white to silver after
some good food and supplements--I don't know if it will change again.  i
thougth she was adrenal originally but after she got the good food, her
hair grew in nice and thick.

she kisses your lips when you hold her close, she eats everything and no
longer gets skittish when you pick her up.

clyde is a sable female with adrenal disease.  The lady NEVER brought them
to the vet and even when the hair started falling out she just thoguht it
was b/c of the food.

clyde was 10oz when i got her, she is not almost 2lb (about 1lb 10oz) she
is a picky eater but eats a lot of what she does like!

she is a good surgical candidate and would like to bring her somewhere that
she will get the surgery she needs.

I am willing to make a donation toward the surgery since I know it is a big
undertaking.

I had a someone willing ot take her and we even tried to meet.  but money
problems and moving prevented that.

They get along wonderfully with my ferrets and others.  They lack a bit in
the social skills area b/c they are jsut not used to playing with anyone.
Their cage didn't have the room for it but they are good at wrestling.
They love the dryer tube that I have and are very very willing to learn.
their muscle tone has improved and they are getting to be great jumpers
(esp.  bonnie--shes' fearless!)

If you are even slightly interested.  Please call.  I can no longer board
them here.  I love them to death but I cannot afford more than three
ferrets at this point.  Not if I want to responsibly care for them.  if you
are a shelter and would be able to take them in...please contat me.  I am
willing to drive, drop off, meet you...anything!

My home number is 914 226 8204
I am located in the Southern NY area.
close to CT, PA, NJ, LI---we are flexible!

Please write!

Meg quinn wtih bonnie and clyde