Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:35:34 -0700
While I can understand a group wanting to congregate and have fun, I just
can't understand why they would put themselves in such a position.  First
mistake, and maybe the most costly.

Secondly, shame on a mother who would allow her child to run unsupervised
in a public park!!  Although, I am no lawyer, I don't see where she would
have any grounds for legal action, other than the fact that ferrets are
illegal in CA.

Third, it doesn't sound as though the ferret owners were paying as close
attention as should be expected with a child, accompanied by an adult or
not, when they are anywhere near the ferrets.  We always hold the ferrets
for a child if they want to see it or pet it.

I am thankful that there is someone in CA who would stand up for the
ferrets and the right to keep them as family members, but I think there was
a serious lack of judgement that unfortunate weekend... on all parties.

This post may sound as though I am flamming; well I'm not.  I am just
stating my opinion.

Good luck in this issue.  I support all who are out there attempting to do
good by our fuzzy friends.

Louis
===
Yesterday I was the bug, today I am the windshield.  What will I be
tomorrow and the next day.