From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:10:01 -0500
Well my copy of it disappeared somewhere in the house, but here's what I can
remember:

Today's Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that Jean of Ferrets Unlimited
Ferret Shelter is asking authorities to consider that the ferret may not
have been the committed the assault against the child.  The animal warden
will be asking the prosecutor's office to check whether the wounds could
have been made by another animal.  The article says that the police report
states the ferret was found in its cage.

I can't remember for sure what else is stated in the article, which must
have been stolen by one of my ferrets.  But it was nicely written and brings
out the questions we want asked.

Thank you PD!

And a special thanks to all those who have helped in a variety of ways, by
spreading the word, by keeping us informed of the various places this
tragedy has been reported, by faxing or calling officials and the media
(long of them VERY LOOOONG distance!!) and by offering their support during
this crisis.  Those who have been involved in this type mobilization of
effort in MI, WA, FL and other places around the country know how much work
it is to keep up with the email, phone calls, contacts and just plain leg
work it takes to try to save ferrets' lives.  Without the Internet and this
forum, we just couldn't do it, and fuzzy lives would be lost.  Sometimes
despite all our work, the lives are lost anyway.  But by working together,
we have a much better chance of success, and we make lifelong friends along
the way.

Thank you all and thank you BIG, who keeps this sometimes squabbling family
together.

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html