From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 11:55:08 -0500
Thanks Pam for organizing the information on the Registration groups.
The Breeder network/newsletter she refered to is the group I'm am working
with.  We are not intending to be new national group on the order of the
AFA, FURO, LIFE, or NAFA.  (These are the biggies I know in alphabetical
order.  Read nothing into the order or omission of your favorite group.
I hate politics.)

THese are the same folks involved in the Breeder's Digest for the most
part.  My main part is the computer database storage of existing
information.  There isn't a 'registration fee' since we are gathering all
information we can and do not want to politicize or discriminate the
information we maintain.  We currently do not have a system for information
extraction on all of the ferrets - still on paper not magnetic media
largely.  We also have not resolved the issues completely on who can get
pedigree information - which would contain no human personal information.
We do not plan on releasing human information to anybody.

We don't intend on replacing FURO or NAFA's ongoing registration.  We
haven't broached th idea on co-operating with them directly either but
wouldn't expect too much help.  If people desired it we could do a
certificate on 'registration' - we would charge for the certificate to
cover costs.  We would charge for aprinted pedigree - again to cover costs.
The peidgree information - useful mostly to breeders - might also be
available in some other format.

bill killian