From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 10:28:18 -0500
Tina asked about MacGyver(s):
The ferret on the mug belongs to Warren and Donna Olsen who run FerretPaws.
They are on the list but not active posters - missed the earlier reference
to Macgyver but hadn't remembered seeing one from Donna or Warren.  You can
reach them at [log in to unmask], they'll send a catalog - if they've
recovered from their November problems.

Tina also asked about her ferret's box:
I don't understand.  If your ferret doesn't like the box why put her in it?
If you're not home leave her in the cage.  If you are just keep an eye on
her while she's out.  If you're looking for a room to ferret proof the bath
room is probably the easiest.  Ask questions here or email me if you'd like.

Trevor asked about ferret shelters and rescues in Virginia:
We run a shelter in Prince William County.  Pam Grant runs one in Annadale.
Vickie McKimmey runs one in Loudoun County (not on FML).  Georgia Bailey
runs one in either Newport News or Winchester - not on the FML - she was
going to move but I can't remember when.  She said she'd found someone else
to cover tidewater but I don't know the name.  Pam or I I'm sure could help
you out with questions.  I'll let those who are selling the calendar
respond.  I can't remember who all is.

Speaking of the Calendar:
Some asked the other day about the color of the January ferrets.  Assuming
there is only the one '96 calendar this year., they are a pair of silver
mitts.  Show standards call them medium silvers or black roan mitts or some
variation of those.  The one behind (to the right) shows what looks like a
rudimentary blaze - blaze wannabe.  Since they appear to be the same
coloration, age and general shape they might be related and the front (left)
one might also be a blaze or wannabe.  The front (left) one has what appears
to be a white tip on the tail which is also a sign of a blaze/panda gene.

Roberto asked about ferret foods:
I'd stick to the Iams if you can get it.  It is a fine food and doesn't need
to be supplemented.  If you like to get the other foods to add variety to
the diet - though ferrets often don't seem to want that.  I think the AFA
might mail order Totally Ferret - don't know about shipping to Italy.
Number I have is (301)663-6616 - from their World Wide Web page at
http://www.worldaccess.com/afa.  They can get email but don't know how often
it is checked - they are just getting in to the computer thing.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets