From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:19:58 -0700
"how many of you, had no close pets as children, but later in life
became animal and ferret people?"

This would be me.  My parents are most definitely not pet-people.  And
we were a sailing family so pets didn't really "fit" since we were often
away on trips on the boat.  I had a couple of gerbils as a kid and that
was it.

As a teen we had a couple of cats but they were more "Mom's cats".  When
I got out on my own I got a cat.  Then a second cat.  And a dog a few
years after that.  It wasn't till just eight years ago that I became a
ferret owner.

Over the years now I've lost a dog, four cats and three ferrets.  I know
have one dog, two cats and seven ferrets.  And I'm closer to them than I
am my family.

I would say I definitely made up for my pet-deprived childhood :)

- Laura and The Seattle Seven at http://www.ferretocious.com