From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:11:37 -0400
Dear Rob ,
I can understand your coment on waiting and thinking about ferret ownership.
That is a prudent thing to do.  What I do want to point out is that the
numerous losses of ferrets here in the states -- is not at all fdamiliar to
ferrets in Europe and Australia.  The numbers here are for the most part
early alters, where in the repectivve countries the ferrets are neutered at
a later date.  Cancer deaths are in no way as significant in your country
and in Europe as they are here in the US..  this is what my research has
taught me...

So... perhaps you needen't think too long adnd hard about ferret ownership.
The maladies of the US ferret will not darken your doorstep unless you seek
to purchase one of these-- you have ferret breeders in AU-- start there!!!!
I have 2 ferrets from your country and they are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Use the list to help you attend to ferret proofing and the like-- you should
not encounter the darker side of ownership-- of course as with all life
nothing is guaranteed, but do try life with ferrets!!!  You will smile a
lot!

Alicia
ferret owner,
shelter caretaker