From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:35:25 -0400
>Date:    Thu, 23 Oct 1997 19:14:39 +0930
>From:    Rob Dick <[log in to unmask]>

>Can I just comment that some of the horror stories on the list have taken
>me from being an almost ferret owner to being a "let's spend a month or two
>thinking about this" non-ferret owner.  I'd gotten the impression that the
>average ferret spent most of its time near deaths door.

Rob - Us too.  At first, when we decided that including a ferret into our
pet population would be a fairly simple procedure and most of the learning
we'd have to do prior to ownership would be about care and behavior.  Then
we found the FML.  And got scared.  Getting a ferret seemed to be a sure
path to worry, heartache and a lot of vet bills.

So we talked to a lot of people.  And we figure WE have control over a lot
of what happens to our pet.  Some things we have less control over, but the
FML has been a useful tool to heighten our awareness so we can provide the
correct care if we need to.  We can only hope that we've balanced our risks
against cautions.

The joy the Fab 4 bring into our lives has been well worth dealing with the
worst possible futures.

Ann