Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 23:39:06 EDT
>Every time I read this list I feel like a bad ferret Mom - all you
>others seem to do so much more for ferts than I do - I only have my
>ferts and try to do the best I can.  Now my Sapp cannot move his back
>legs at all - one day fine next day not - Vet says maybe adrenal - blood
>work back tomorrow - spleen very enlarged - Sapp is 7 years old - and
>survived ECE - he shouldn't have to have any more trouble.  Don't know
>if I want to put him thru any surgery.  I feel so bad and helpless and
>inadequate I feel like if I had done this or this or this he would be OK.

Hi Linda ~

Please do not feel like a bad "Mommy" because your fuzzy gets sick.  None
of us know when this will happen.  As long as you give them love and
affection that's a big plus.  And, you are taking them to the vet, and
that's a big thing.  I know some owners who complain about the vet bills.
It seems to be a common reaction of owners when a pet gets sick we feel
inadequate.  Remember none of us can predict the future for our fuzzies.

Warmly ~

Mary L. Conley, ND, Herbalist
Conley Farm Organic Herbs
Online Classes