From:
Chris Matlick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 19:21:28 -0400
I'm babysitting Mom's Blue Front Amazon parrot, Reggie. Now Reg is
30+ years old and has been around ferrets for years.

My 3 ferrets, however, have never to my knowledge met a bird.

The day Reggie arrived I found a safe spot for her travel cage the
kitchen. It gave her a good view of the comings and goings of the
humans and cats. Like many houses, the kitchen at our place is the hub.

The hubby & I were hanging out in the kitchen when Shadowfax, our
oldest, came barreling in, anticipating that I would soon be fixing
their dinner. She runs up to me, stops dead in her tracks, whips
around, her nose goes up in the air and she starts circling the
kitchen, trying to get a bearing on WHAT is in her house and WHERE
precisely it is located. She looked like she had lost her mind!

All the while, Reggie was completely quiet.

Shadowfax finally triangulated on the front part of the kitchen table
and stood up on her hind legs staring at the table. Then ran over to
me and wanted picked up.

By then the hubby & I were nearly doubled over in laughter.

Chris and the 3 WV weasles
Shadowfax, Duncan & Fionnlaugh