From:
Chris Matlick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:42:40 -0400
One day the hubs decided he was only going to cut up half of the rather
sizable watermelon up. The other half he covered in saran wrap and put
on the kitchen table.

A few hours later I walk into the kitchen to find watermelon bits flung
about the table, on the floor, and into the cats' bowl - oh the look on
their faces was priceless! The juice was running everywhere. It was a
widespread, sticky mess.

It was immediately obvious too me who the culprit was! Shadowfax is a
strong, clever girl and in a fit of stupidity I'd forgotten she could
leap/climb the kitchen chairs and from there reach the table. Plus,
her siblings were asleep in the sock drawer.

She'd dug out a pretty sizable hole right smack in the middle of the
melon. It had listed to its side, and I could picture her sitting up
and digging for all she was worth. The tell tale marks of little ferret
claws were clearly visible.

By the time I cleaned up the mess - man is watermelon sticky - and went
in search of the little sneak, she had joined her siblings in the sock
drawer and was innocently sleeping.

Chris in WV
With Shadowfax, Duncan, Fionnlaugh