From:
Carrie Renshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 08:29:18 -0600
Hi, I just joined the FML yesterday and hope that someone can help me
today.  I adopted my 6 week old BES girl on Wednesday and I am having a
hard time getting her to eat.  I work all day and she doesn't touch her
food.  When I get home and in the mornings and evenings she will eat out of
my hand.  When I hold her little head to her dish she tries to chomp on the
edge of the dish, but doesn't seem to understand that the food is inside
the dish.  As soon as I pick her up, she tries to suckle on my hand.  She
is very gentle and already gives fert kisses.  I'm leaving the office early
today and will be with her all weekend.  How can I teach her to eat from
her dish when I am not there?  I am feeding her IAMS kitten food moistened
with warm water, and I am also trying to feed her the kitten food moistened
with warm canned IAMS kitten food.  She does drink from her water bottle on
her own and is full of energy and very playful.  Although, when she hears
me in the morning she does cry quite loudly until I pick her up.  I think
this is only because she is hungry.

Thank you very much for any advice offered.
Carrie Renshaw and baby Sydnie