From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 1994 01:24:00 -0500
Re Litter: I've been using the rabbit pellets for about 1 year now
and have had no problems with it. It runs about $10 for 50 lbs. so
it's fairly inexpensive and it absorbs odor. I used to use Cat Works
which is also a pelleted litter and liked it very much but kits like
to play in it and it permanently stains teeth so I switched.

Re Fighting Ferrets: Ferrets that have been raised with humans only
often will not accept another ferret. A ferret needs to be
socialized with other ferret while they are young. Sometimes they
will accept another ferret for reasons known only to them. I have a
female who hated everybody. She's was an abused ferret and is blind,
partially deaf and brain damaged. Daisy would attack and scream at
any ferret that came near her until Bear, a 4 year old male was
brought into our shelter. Daisy took to him instantly and started
licking his neck. They have been inseperable ever since. What she
liked about him I have no idea!

Cindy