From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 06:29:18 PDT
Re: Toy, rump /  hind-end

>squeaky toys, till they get the slightest rip.  I took one of his torn latex
>toys and put it in the end of an old sock, tied it off, then added two more
>socks making it nearly three feet long.  He just loves playing with it,

Normally, our guys have the upstairs to run around free in, but occasionally
we pick up the plants, block the cellar stairs/refrigerator/etc., etc.
downstairs and let the "beasts of hell" free.  Oh it is great fun to run and
hide downstairs!  The best part is conquering the dreaded Wyrm!  (a draft
stopper with a duck's head - "duck the drafts".  It's a long, stuffed, snake
shape you set on the floor next to a door to keep drafts from coming under
doors.) That Wyrm gets its butt, if it really has one, stomped, kicked,
dragged around, and generally multilated.  Our little Serpent Stompers
attack the dreaded Draft Beast with maniacal glee!  Definately a hoot to
watch!

(Note: it's not a ferret safe toy so we have to watch that they don't chew
holes in it since it's filled with stryofoam pellets or that they don't chew
the beast's eyes off!)

>I would appreciate some comments on this habit Renegade has.  He will be
>playing, dancing  & generally dooking then all of a sudden stop to do a
>quick chew on his rump / hind end or tail.

Hahahaha! I think everybody here owned by ferrets will tell you that their
kiddos do exactly the same thing. We called it the "Bug Bite." From my
"glossary" of ferret terms:

BUGBITE  -  Waking suddenly out of a sound sleep to jump up and
   fanatically scratch and bite at an itch.

We have only ever found 1 flea on our kids.  They got it from us since we
were at a relative's and their dog had fleas.  The kids are flea-free, but
they will all of a sudden wake out of a sound sleep to bite, dig, and
scratch like something just bit them in the butt!  ;) It's normal.....it's a
ferret thing to do.

Flea free ferrets fanatically, furiously, and fiercely fanging fur!

-kim, mike, Squirt (Sings "Kill da Duckie" to Elmer Fudd's "Kill da Wabbit"),
Pippi ("Kill the Socks! Death to the accursed Socks!"),
Atlas (should have been named "Thor" since he thunders around the place!),
and Hijinx (the Nipperkin)

Kimberly Burkard        |              _    fer'ro-mag-net'ic   adj. 1. a char-
Xerox, Rochester, NY    |       _____C .._. acteristic of substances having
[log in to unmask] |  ____/     \___/  magnetic properties  2. a character-
[log in to unmask] <____/\_---\_\    istic of those who love ferrets