From:
Lisa Whittleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 18:46:13 -0700
Hi,

This may be me overreating but my little Cinnamon seems to have a problem.
She was walking up the stairs in her cage when she froze and went to the
bathroom.  Her poop was a very very slimy and yellow.  It is unusual in
the consistency but also she couldn't even make it to her litter box.  I
am paranoid about ECE although it is commonly green slime right?  I will
wait until tomorrow to call my vet but I am worried becuase it is the long
weekend and I may not be able to get to her... If she continues to have
poop like that, and I can't get to a vet, I read that she should be given
something like Pedialyte to get fluids into her.  Is this correct info?
Also, I have another ferret.  Should I remove him from the cage if she is
continuing to poop like that?  I need some very quick information.  PLEASE
PLEASE HELP!  I don't know what to do.  Also, some facts: she is almost 7
months old, about a pound and a half, fixed.  Continues to be very active
and she has had all her shots.  I'm not sure if she is eating and drinking
lik e normal because I have been away this week and my parents were taking
care of her.  If you can help, reply to me personally.

A very worried,
Lisa