From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:34:58 -0800
[Moderator's note: This was sent yesterday but was automatically
rejected late at night due to length limits.  It's fixed today.  BIG]

>From:    Roary <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Pet Store VS Rescue Ferrets
>
>I don't know where people get these ideas.  You can't rescue every
>ferret on the planet.  If you want twenty ferrets, fine, but don't say
>"it was meant to be".

if you are referring to my post...that is NOT what i stated...i said SOME
ferrets are meant for you...and that not ALL of my ferrets fall into that
category...

>The best place to get ferrets, if you really love ferrets and aren't
>totally doing it for yourself, is to rescue them from a shelter.

THIS statement is very "closed-minded"...

>When you buy ferrets, they make more.  Marshall Farms loves people who
>do this.  If you can't walk into a pet store without wanting to buy each
>and every ferret, don't go into pet stores.

what a cold person you must be...i HATE 'attacking' ppl...but your narrow
attitude pisses me off...and ask anyone...that is hard to do!!!
besides... re-read the post...i did not say anything of the sort...i said
"certain ferrets call to you"..i never said ALL...nor did i say i could
not walk into a pet store without buying all the ferrets there...nor did
i give ppl an excuse to do so...i said "do not impulse buy...but if the
ferret keeps calling to you...and you can not get that one out of your
mind...then it is meant to be yours..."...does that sound like i said
i..or anyone...can not go into a pet store without buying all the
ferrets???

>I know this seems harsh, but this is a nightmare to people who
>understand the concept.  Rescue an older guy, or a guy who needs special
>care.  If it's about the ferret, then that should be no problem, right?

Harsh?..it is simple minded and stupid...and are you saying "I" do not
understand the concept???...go to my page...see what i have done...what
kinds of ferrets i have gotten from shelters...what i have gone thru
for the love of a ferret in need...did i put myself thru that pain FOR
ME???...

yes..partly...but that was cause i loved the ferret...did i do it for the
ferret?...YOU BET!!!..."I" made a difference in that ferret's life...will
i do it again??..you bet...if i feel it is the right thing to do...

>Instead of this "meant to be" stuff, how about thinking about whether or
>not you can afford or have the time to take care of these guys?  Ferrets
>are expensive, especially when they get sick.  They need lots of time
>out of their cages.  Ferrets are a hard animal to take care of.

you've got a point there......but when i got these guys...it was before
9/11...it was before my husband's hours got cut back...it was before he
got laid off for a month...those are things unforseen...

yes..i have asked for help...at great personal cost to my well being...
but i did it...for the ferrets...most of my ferrets are over 4 now...i
will be asking ppl to buy things i make in the future to raise money for
more surgeries...

time?...i am not able to work...i injured my back several years ago...so
i am home 24/7...i have one krew that is free roam...and 3 krews that
have 5-6 hours a day out...and when in cages..they are huge cages...we
are moving...then 3 of the krews will be free roam...time?..we have
plenty of that... hard to take care of?..not for me...

>Love is not an emotion.  It's an action.  The action is what causes the
>emotion.  Everybody wants to take the shortcut.

wrong...love is an emotion...that causes actions...i have the love and
the actions...do you?...i think you are missing the emotion...

i am sorry...i apologize if this was not in response to my post..but the
title was the same as/similar to mine...i TRY not to respond like this...
i try to be neutral and even tempered...but this post pissed me off...

again...i apologize for my anger...it does not happen often... but
Roary's post is narrow minded and unfair to a lot of people...

kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive [18]
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97

In Memory of...White Russian...who lost his fight with ADV on May 8, 2002
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle, Pye, Sandi, Jack, and the biggest pieces of my heart...Sonny,
Charlie and Geezer!
 ...Keeping in memory...Dweezil, Opie, Tunees & Lil Bear...

It is that time of year again...
The A.D.V. Christmas Giving Tree... http://www.mkaresq.com/adv_giving.htm
and the Ferret Giving Tree...  http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com