From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:31:19 -0700
>From:    "marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ed's Post/Neutering ferrets

I seem to have spoken a bit too quickly.  Not having seen many ferrets die
from anemia I didn't expect that to be a symptom.  I'm sorry for doubting,
I was quite incorrect.  I feel an apology from me is necessary.

I still stand by the rest of my post.

>From:    Jadesun <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mille, your Babies name theme!

The name Dizzy came from us.  We were part of an importing of English
ferrets a couple years back.  We ended up with two jills Elizabeth Regina,
Isabella (after the character in Braveheart) and Benjamin Disraeli after
the Britsh Prime minister of the last century.  This was Lizzie, Izzie and
Dizzy.

Dizzy was one of our very favorite ferrets.  Smarter than the rest but
quite friendly.  Dizzy and Izzy had a litter but before the kits were named
Dizzy fell ill, - some sort of infection.  Dr, Kawasaki, his vet tech
Robin, and us tried desparately to save him.  We would watch him all night
giving him fluids while Robin would give him fluids all day while we
struggled to stay awake at work.  Dr Kawasaki had expected him to die in
under 24 hours but we kept him going for 2 weeks.  We pumped anti-biotics
in.  We did sub-q fluids either injecting them or through an IV drip.  Hand
feeding of softer foods Dizzy tried very hard but after two weeks he just
couldn't do it any more.  As I held him, I told him it was okay to go and
he died.  Even two years later Diane and still cry when we think about him.
He's now buried beside Furball in a place of honor under a Bradford pear
tree.

One of the kits from that litter we named Benjamin Disraeli Jr.  His
brother is Winston Churchill.  Another English hob we have is Neville
Chamberlain.

Millie was one who offered to help us when we had to reduce our shelter
over population.  But she requested a dark nosed boy.  We let some of our
ferrets go so we could keep the ill shelter ferrets and decided we'd let
Millie have Dizzy, Jr.  along with a jill from the shelter.  We requested
she keep his name as he is quite important to us.

>From:    Natalie Binder <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The Digital Ferret
>I was reading an article today about microchipping your pets.

These are already in use in ferrets.  Dizzy mentioned above had one.

-bill

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/