From:
"Randall R. Duke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 14:20:43 -0400
Heart worms in GA& wheezy play

I want to thank every one who responded to my heart worm question.  I went
today to the vet (Pet Smart) that I have been using for Wheezy .They had
this big debate over how they have never heard of ferrets having heart
worms.The vet had been to several seminars on heart worms and she had never
been given any info on this.  She stated that she didn't even know what to
give a ferret ( due to the weight issue ) for heart worms.  They also acted
very condescending when I mention I got this information off the internet.

Well, I just fired my vet and I'm looking for a new one.  Does anyone out
there live or know of a good ferret vet in the metro Atlanta area  (That's
Georgia , USA).

Also, Wheez and I started playing hiding go seek in the house .  She is so
funny !  She'll chase me then run and hide under the large chair.  Then poke
her head out to see if I'm coming after her.  If not.  Its full attack.  She
runs full blast and jumps about a foot into the air at me.  It just amazes
me how this 1.5 lb furball (very petite albino fm) has no fear of attacking
5.3 me.  God knew what he was doing when he made them small.

Also, I've started nipping her ear when she is bad.  She will aggravate the
me by biting my ankles only when they are under the covers .  It's this big
game to her because by the time I sit up to get her she takes off .  She
has also started nipping my under arm when she can.  I picked her up after
a rather hard nip and nipped her back on her ear .  The look of surprise on
her face and I of course got a low chatter from her.  The nipping has been
cut in half since I've been doing this .  I have always heard that live
stock such as sheep and goats use this on their young.  It is a method that
I believe the animal kingdom understands and if used correctly , it is a
very effective form of correction.

One more thing and I'm out of here  My husband smokes and when she can
Wheezer will get into the ash tray and just roll around in cigarette
butts and ashes . Anyone else have a ferret with such a nasty habit ?
She loves it.

Speaking of nipping wheeze ball is walking around my little feet right now.
with the mommy hang up look .  Its time for a treat.

Annie & Wheezy in care of [log in to unmask]