From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:46:46 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled jean spelunkers...

>Maine's First Ferret Frolic!

Huh?  No ferrets have frolicked in Maine before?  You've *got* to let them
little critters out more! :)

In my house, my ferret frolic constantly!

First, Taz gets to bounce around the entire house, sliding down the face
of the couch, terrorizing the cat, playing "leap for the hanging fern",
sliding the (extremely heavy, but that doesn't bother him) water dish
around the kitchen and playing "Wild Weasel" whenever snacks are issued
(he acts like a Tazmanian Devil when he gets snacks!).

Then, Chewy gets a turn at terrorizing the cat, climbing the walls (well,
wishful thinking will get you anywhere you want to go!), attacking the "bad
guys" on the television screen, dragging those big, bad stuffed monsters
around the living room and "giving them What For!", racing around the house
like an Indy 500 race car and practicing his "Drive-By Snacking", where he
races along the front of the couch and inhales his snack from my waiting
fingers, without so much as hitting the "pause" button!

Then, the *real* frolicking begins!  Taz and Chewy are safely back in their
abodes and the main event begins.  Ferrets wiggling, bouncing, leaping,
rolling, barking "Hello" to the others, sliding back and forth on the
kitchen floor and the Great Cat Hunt Escapade takes place.  After about a
1/2 hour of these antics, they all (in a mass) rush the couch to beg for
snacks (who said they will be satisfied with only one or two pieces each???
HAH!).  Once snacks have been dispursed, it's time to do the wrestling,
the games of tag, the rug-runner tunneling and the box/bag investigations.

All of these events are organized and everyone (typically) participates.
I think they have awards ceremonies somewhere after each event, but I can
never find them when that weird music starts playing to verify this.  I
*did* see Hershey Baby dragging what looked suspiciously like a gold medal,
under the love seat, but couldn't get there fast enough to be certain.
There was also a request found on the coffee table the other day, asking
for permission to fly in a "Guest Speaker" for something or other that
they were planning.  However, since they weren't forthcoming with enough
information, I had to deny their request.

Anyhow, if anyone in Maine would like the specifics on how the Fuzzbutt
Rodeo Clowns organize, fund and participate in their daily Frolicks, just
drop them a line and they will (I *think*) be happy to give you some
details! :)

Todd and the (20 meter cat dash!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
Help a Shelter!
http://GiftsAndCollectibles.sites.cc/
http://users.success.net/toddl/page2/