From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:25:28 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick or angeled Kibble-Krunchers...

>I have a friend who is looking for a ferret he doesn't have to pay and
>arm and a leg for. For his daughter for christmas.he says he can't see
>paying 100bucks for it. If anyone knows of any Ferrets for sale or for
>Adoption at a reasonable price would you please e-mail me. We are from
>Mass and would travel as far as CT."

Um...I'm absolutely certain that this will set off a bit of a firestorm,
as there really isn't any such thing as an "inexpensive|" ferret...
well...let me clarify that.  There isn't any such thing as an inexpensive
"live" ferret.  I do believe, however, that TY makes a Beanie Baby called
"Runner", which (with a little imagination) might be construed to be a
ferret!  The good things about this "ferret" are: it's inexpensive, it
doesn't require litter training, though you may wish to buy toys and a cage
for it, you can save money in the fact that you won't need to buy food, or
even provide medical care (apart from the occasional re-sewing of a torn
seam, that is)!

Basically, if anyone reading this list were to pay attention, they'd see
that ferrets are not only expensive to purchase up front, but just about
everything to do with a ferret is expensive, as well.  Food costs (don't
EVEN think about standard cat food!), supplies, toys, cages (I just saw a
ferret cage priced at over $200!), medical bills.  If the father doesn't
want to put out much money, the Beanie Baby is definitely the way to go.

Todd and the (we AIN'T cheap!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
Help a Shelter!
http://GiftsAndCollectibles.sites.cc/
http://users.success.net/toddl/page2/