From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:46:20 -0400
Hi, again.

I just want to thank everybody for being so concerned about that poor, mean
ferret in the pet store.

We haven't given up, yet. We are trying very hard not to spend $100 we
don't have right now on her. (I did just get a job for $80 for modeling my
blood vessels for a day, so maybe that will soften the expensive blow!) I
think we're going to give it one more try - to at least haggle the price
down some, but from what the owner was implying during our last
conversation, the ferret may not be there anymore.

I can't understand why the owner is being so stubborn. It is obviously too
nasty to sell - nobody can pick it up, so who's going to buy it! She's so
strong we couldn't even scruff her adequately enough to prevent her from
really biting Todd.

I've recieved some mail from concerned FMLers worried that I am going to
Fish & Game - don't worry - we were only considering it as an option. I
can't see anything good coming from it, so it is no longer an option.

During our next visit I hope to get the name of the store and the phone # -
if we don't get anywhere, maybe some phone calls from people in the South
Jersey area can help convince them that what they are doing is wrong!

I'll keep everybody posted!

Andi