Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:15:07 -0800
After finding Sebastian,...which still brings tears to my eyes.( I feel
like the luckiest gal in the world) and I still can't beleive he was
returned and ok. I intend on using his story as an educational page on
our website. I started to reflect on so many other wonderful things
that have occurred in the past couple months. A few weeks ago, we
picked up ferrets from the humane society. Two of them had originally
been adopted out by Rocky's and I was obligated to return them. I had
a wonderful visit with Barb and some of her volunteers at Rocky's when
we took the kids back. A very feel good moment considering our past.

A couple weeks ago I attended a baby shower where I ran into an old
friend that I also needed to mend fences with after a falling out. We
hugged, called each other a little s*** and had a wonderful afternoon
of catching up...Another feel good moment. As a result, I attended the
BFC Christmas party yesterday with my fugitive Sebastian and his buddy
DeNiro en tow and had a lovely afternoon...I just love watching the
fuzzys exchange gifts. We'll have some pics up on the website soon.

S.O.S. God bless those women...I don't know what we would ever do
without them. Right before I left for Utah to see Kat we received a
big box of bedding goodies from JoAnne. I wasn't expecting anything,
but how nice and very much needed. I just have to start making some
time to sew! Through this whole breeder rescue, SOS has been there.
They covered the spay/neuters for every ferret and baby we took out
of there....and I'll tell ya, I was really sweating that expense!!!
Strauss sends a special thanks to you. That poor kid had to have tumors
removed from the skin around his little wee wee and on his forepaw.
The most sensitive area had to be reconstructed so he could urinate
properly. None of this could have happened without all of the people
that donate to SOS and the wonderful folks on their board.

The Giving Tree. God Bless those people that host the site and all of
those that visit. I've never put ferrets on it because I've always been
able to provide them with Christmas and figured that their were other
shelters that were more needy than ours. This year I just couldn't do
it financially and we had a very special boy come in that was in need
of a very special Christmas. Brody came in , very thin, missing
toenails, fur, unable to walk for reasons we still don't know but
giving so many kisses of gratitude. He is with Caroline and doing so
fantastic. He still has trouble walking but he looks fabulous!!! He's
put on so much weight. He improves every single week. Not only did he
receive a nice Christmas present from the giving tree but another kind
person sent a box of nice, new bedding for the rescue as well. I just
can't thank you enough from the bottom of all of our hearts.

October Pawlik-you are one in a million. She has sent numerous boxes of
bedding for us to sell at the shows to help raise funds as well as a
box for the rescue kids. ( I can only hope to have her sewing skills
one day!)

In the upcoming year, I will be facing surgery with a long recovery,
but I'm approaching it with confidence that everything will work out
for me, and for the fuzzys for we have the best bunch of folks on team
SUMS that I could ever ask for. They are there in every pinch, as well
as volunteering consistently and with a smile.

Rosemary German/ seamstress extraordinaire with a fuzzy heart of gold.
We can never thank you enough for your beautiful bedding sets that help
us raise money for the daily care of the furkids.

Please check out our webpage. Kat does a wonderful job with it. It's
like she reads my mind when we are collaborating. This past year, we
were really creative with the site,. the upcoming year I will
concentrate on adding some educational things too.

This is the first time since my mom passed that I actually felt like
celebrating Christmas and I have all of these people and the wonderful
folks on the FML to thank for it...you all mean the world to me and the
furkids at the rescue.

Have a holiday as blessed as mine has been, stay safe and enjoy those
fuzzys. Yes, they know it's Christmas.

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.