From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:37:18 -0500
Wolfy writes
>So listen, I was curious as to "what now".  I mean what happens now at
>this point with APHIS.  Or what is "not" happening.

What happens is we are waiting, like we waited the 16+ months from the
time the original petition was submitted in March 2004 until the docket
was posted in August 2005.

What is also happening is that the USDA-APHIS is reading EVERY submission
(and there were almost 1500).  They will consider the information
submitted to them and decide if they should proceed with the rule making
process.  If they decide favorably, rules will be written with input
from interested parties, and then the rules published for public comment.
Depending on public comment, they may be accepted and put into effect,
or modified before implementation.

We can expect another year or three before rules are put into effect.
No one said this would be quick or easy, but WHEN we succeed, ferret
kits and owners across the country will benefit!

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org