Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:13:52 -0400
Have a question:

This actually was brought to my mind because I was reading a piece of the
DNA work that was done of the heart of the ten year old dauphin Louis XVII.
Now, of course, he may have had something else going on which caused
tumors, or he might have even been predisposed to them during his pampered
life before prison, but the article notes that he spent his last two years
in solitary, with no windows, almost no food, etc., and that when he
"riddled with disease, encrusted with sores, and bloated with tumors".

Certainly, one thing which has been in the list of things which might be
within the list of possible predisposing things for adrenal tumors esp.
young ones (since the situation seems too complex for one alone to be the
problem) has been stress.  (Others include too much light, early neutering
though no one is really certain what "early" means for sure, diet,
exercise, some form of triggering illness which so far is mostly in North
America, stress, etc.)

Anyway, this juxtaposition leads me to ask if anyone has any
data/references on severe stress and it's possible relationship to
tumors (and what kinds of tumors).  Remember that if you are a medical
professional and need anonymity for your privacy that Bill Gruber can help
you on this score.  Just look in the general info which appears under the
list of posts for the day.