From:
Kat Curran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 11:17:55 -0800
Hello everyone!
I also live in Washington, right in between Olympia and Nisqually Indian
Reservation in Lacey.

We rocked pretty good over here!  I was sitting at my chair in the living
room when it hit while my near 5 year old son was getting ready for
pre-school.  The first thing I thought was "ok, just an earthquake." Then
things started rolling and things falling off my walls and hutch and I
thought "This is a big one." So I grabbed my son and we went for the
doorway, opened the front door as I braced us and the doorway cracked and
bowed.  It was pretty scarey especially living downstairs of an apt.
building.

The whole time my ferrets were asleep in their hammock probably being
lulled into a deeper sleep from the swaying!  HAHAHA!  But like all of my
other animals over the years, they really didn't seem to be bothered too
much by the whole thing, just kinda looked at me like "what?" They are so
funny.

We suffered broken pictures frames, food falling out from closed cabinets
in the kitchen, books & other knick-knacks from the bedroom falling down,
more stuff on the hutch falling in the livingroom.  I haven't experienced
an earthquake that size since I lived in CA.  during the earthquake of
October '89 when it hit Santa Cruz & Watsonville.

For anyone that might want more info, you can go to;
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/activity/latest/eq_01_02_28.html
and it will tell you everything about the earthquake.  (i.e. epicenter,
magnitude, aftershocks, everything!) =)

I do hope that everyone in the areas of this last earthquake in WA.  are
ok.  We now have even more to be thankful for.  =)

~Kat Curran & Family