From:
Scott and Melissa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 09:33:03 -0800
I would like to thank all who sent me advice on litter box training.  The
only thing noone told me was how long it usualy takes to train them.  I
bought 2 new litter boxes made for ferrets, ut they still dont use them.
I've put there poops in there to try to give them the idea but it doesnt
seem to be working.  I've sprayed the hole cage down with a mixture of
vanilla extract and water because i was told they associate that smell with
sleepy time.Doesnt work!

I put the litter box in the corner they both used now Nala poops next to it
and Reno poops in front of it.  I guess ill try putting some old sheets
down on the floor but the only problem with that is if they continue useing
the floor and not the box then the sheets will reek, and stink up my puter
room.  i know they can be washed but as much as they go, i'd be washing
them daily.I've already had to take the bottom off the cage and scrub it
clean twice, whichnis a pain because its a good size cage 2' x 3' x 4'.Well
i guess thats all for now, im always open to suggestions so if any one else
has any send them on.  Thanks

Scott ,
Reno and Nala , aka  Spaz1 and Spaz2