From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:04:44 -0400
Squirt was one of the rainbow exotic ferrets that joined our family
in 2006. She quickly earned the title Squirt Alert! because of how
boisterous she was. She would zoom through the house and tackle anyone
in her path - she was a very happy tackler. She dooked and danced up a
storm. Two years ago Squirt lost her coat and off to get a des implant
we went. It took awhile but she grew back a beautiful plush coat. Last
year she started losing fur again and before we got in for another
implant it grew back again, this time even fluffier. She slowed down
in her senior years and she always got up to eat recipe with the group
morning and night.

Wednesday evening when I got home from work she didn't come out for
recipe. I found Squirt stretched out and her body cool to the touch.
She'd not been insulinomic but at her age I thought perhaps she might
be so she got steroids and sugar and recipe and warmth to stabilize her
for the night. I kept her close by fashioning a pocket hammock into a
carrying sack attaching the clips to a strap around my neck. At bedtime
she went to bed with me. At 1:30am she had trouble breathing.... then
she left us.

RIP Angel Squirt Alert. Your dancing remains in my heart forever.
tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org