From:
"Dana (Brandie) Bradshaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 20:05:53 -0500
Hi!
I have been reading the postings from everyone about their ferrets and I
have a question.  Recently I lost my most beloved little ferret "Meggie",
she was my best friend and a joy to be around, however the vet said that she
had pancreatic tumors and put her on prednisone and something else for her
seizures, it can be bought over the counter and is equivalent to medication
used for diabetes.

Can anyone give me any info on pancreatic tumors and how often ferrets are
diagnosed with them?  Also is there ant special age that they will start to
develop them and can anyone give me symptoms to look for?

I have her companion "Bandit" who really misses her and so we both spend a
loy of time together, but I want to make sure that I know what to look for.
The vet says Bandit is just fine, but that is what they told me about Meggie
before she had her first attack and I found her almost dead at 4:00Am one
morning, She spent a week in the hospital and then was put on all the
medicine, including a thyroid medication.

If anyone has any info on this subject please e-mail me with that as soon as
you can, I would really appreciate it, I am still grieving and feel if I had
known more maybe I could have kept her alive longer and kept her from
suffering for so long.

Thanks!
My e-mail address is: [log in to unmask]