From:
msperling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 06:01:23 -0700
Hello all my fellow FML'ers,

I wanted to give a reply to the annoynimous poster who asked about how we
felt about all the hoopla over a Playboy Model with a pic of a ferret..  I
was kind of upset seeing a big banner advertising Tiffany from Playboy
has a pic of her with a ferret..What happens if a young person who owns a
ferret saw that and then told his parents what add he saw?  Tiffany is a
human being what she does for her livng isn't what upsets me its the big a
doo that she has her pic with a ferret..Playboy has and will always be for
men's enjoyment as I do not think there are all that many females reading
that magazine..I just feel it was a bad call to advertise a person who is
in an adult magazine just to sell more magazines..We have to remember there
are young people who own ferrets and try and set a better example.This is
just how I see this and I do NOT want flames sent my way..  I just want
you all to know its not one particular person (being Tiffany) who is a
bad example its the adult content that Playboy magazine is known for..and
always will be thought of as a magazine for men..its NOT the model, its the
CONTENT of the magazine that I felt wasn't a good idea for an add where
young people might surf to to purchase their ferret supplies from..Imagine
how you would feel if your 12 year old told you she/he saw a pic of a
Playboy model on a ferret supply store web site?  This is just how I feel
about this subject,so please if you do not agree with me that is fine just
please remember this whole FML Digest is supposed to be about ferrets not
flaming and using their names here because you do not agree with their
ideas and views..Lets stay on tangent and be respect one another..all of us
are entitled to our own opinions..  think before you flame another person
..put yourself in their shoes for a moment ..then think hard ..do you want
to make another person feel bad because you do not feel the way they do?We
all love ferrets and need information about their care etc..thats what this
whole FML digest is for..Please let us end being so sarcastic to one
another ..email them privately if you want to flame it doesn't belong here
on the FML..  thanks for letting me give my 2 cents worth in today..  as
always my prayers are with those ferrets that are ill or have crossed the
Bridge..and hug your ferrets today for us all..  Michele and her bundle of
furkids: Ratbert,Fatbert and Bandit :>)

===
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.