From:
Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:19:32 -0500
I have been a ferret owner for about 6 years now, and I am still learning
something new about these guys EVERY DAY.  I think it is very closed minded
to chastise someone for posting information.  Yes maybe it was a response to
someone's individual request, but it may have also been able to help others
on the FML.

Honestly I didn't even read the entire post you were speaking about.  When I
find a post I am not interested in, I SKIP it.  There is no FML rule that
you must read every post.

I just think it is important to share information with one another.  That is
why we are subscribed to this list right?  Please keep an open mind and
remember that not everything that is posted on the FML is correct.  As much
as each one of us would like to think, we aren't all ferret experts.  But
that shouldn't prevent people from posting with their questions, views and
information.  I love this mailing list and can't wait to read it every day.
I enjoy the medical information even the obscure stuff.  I don't mean to
"flame" anyone.  I just want to defend our free speech.

Additionally, an aquaintance of mine is looking for a second ferret to keep
her guy company.  She lives in the Blacksburg VA area and wants to obtain
one from someone looking for a good home.  She only wants one.  Please email
me if you may be able to help.

Shelley Straight
Va-Md Regional College
Of Veterinary Medicine