From:
"Alice D. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:18:01 -0800
Kelly wrote:
>...he has started sucking furiously on Lit'l guy's ears when she's
>sleeping.  She wakes up bald and crusty...

When Fannie was a baby she sucked on Farrah's ears and it appeared as though
she missed nursing from her mother.  Since she was eating Totally Ferret
food and ate well, it wasn't necessarily hunger.  Sometimes she liked the
comfort of sucking while falling asleep.  The sucking wasn't enthusiastic
enough, however, to make Farrah's ears sore and it gradually subsided after
8-10 weeks.  Farrah was patient and her harshest objection was hissing which
Fannie couldn't hear, being deaf.  Maybe that's why it took so long to stop.

Rocky's enthusiasm for sucking looks extreme compared to our experiences and
it's probably wise you've been moving him away from Lit'l Guy to protect her
ears.  (So Lit'l Guy's a girl.  That's cute.) Good luck, Kelly, and give
Lit'l Guy and Rocky a hug for me.

Alice