From:
Donna R Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:33:45 -0500
Today little Mis Shel left this world to go to a better , more peaceful
place.  She will feel better now and since she has crossed the bridge she
can be with all the other friends that she has known and lost through the
years.  I am sooo sad that I lost her, but I am happy for her at the same
time

Mis Shel has been sick for awhile.  She had a bleeding ulcer, kidneys
that were failing, adrenal disease, lymphosarcoma and to top everything
we think she was somewhere between 8 1/2 and nine years old.  She was a
little shelter ferret and no one knew for sure.

Her top weight was one pound seven ounces, when she died she weighed less
than a pound.

It has been very hard watching her these last few of weeks,  it was not
like Shel.  She was always a burst of energy.  And the last few weeks she
was very lethargic(and so thin).

When I first got Mis Shel, the shelter operator just gave her to me if I
would take her.  I was told that no matter what was done, no one could stop
Mis Shel from biting.  And she bite very hard.  Mis Shel never bite me, the
first time I saw her I held her up to give me kisses and she licked me, it
was always like that , the whole 2 1/2 years that I had her.  I was told
that she had been in one shelter after another since she was nine weeks
old.  No one wanted her.

When I got her she was dying, she had a bleeding ulcer.  She was so
stressed that the vet was afraid to operate.  The whole time I had Mis
Shel she stressed very easily.  For five months I hand fed her, gave her
medicine three times a day.  I came home at lunch time and gave her some
medicine.  I hand fed her.  I kept her in a cage by herself.  I let her
decide when she was ready to be with the other ferrets, she in her own way
told me.  I have to admit that she was very happy after that.  She became
our alpha ferret.

We buried her in the yard close to the trees and with the new flowers that
are just coming in.  I wanted her buried in God's earth, she was one of
God's creatures.  My friend tried to talk to me about having her cremated,
but that did not seem right for her.  I buried her with her favorite sleep
sack(I can always get new ones).

Goodbye my little one, I hope you have peace and true happiness now.  I
will always love you and will never forget you.

Love to you
from your human mom