From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 13:02:35 -0500
With a few days off from work I was able to share some very special
moments with Serena and the ferrets.

Serena is so cute with the ferrets and she truly does love her
siblings. Nikita is a petite albino. Serena saw Nikita come out into
the living room and jumped down off the bed. Nikita bounced over to her
and Serena stood stock still as Nikita rubbed all over her front legs,
nosing up through the fur (Serena is part lhasa and has long flowing
fur), her sides and back legs, then layed underneath and played with
Serena's dangling fur. Serena stood there calmly enjoying this show of
affection. Then Nikita bounce and rolled away and Serena bounded after
her only to stand still again so Nikita could ruffle through her fur.
It brought tears to my eyes.

I also heard Serena talking to the ferrets. She was downstairs and I
heard her garrrring and looked down to see her gently mouthing a ferret
in a bed. When she saw me she looked up and the ferret layed there
waiting for Serena to continue. They were playing, a 20 pound puppy
and 3 pound ferret.

Since I'm now back to my regular work schedule, when I come home from
work several ferrets come to me for cuddles and kisses. I think they
enjoyed my extra time home with them, or perhaps it was all the extra
recipe they got to eat throughout the days....

A few fuzzies from the giving tree didn't get gifts from their santas
this year. I've listed their names, pages numbers, wants and mailing
addressess below. You can visit their giving tree pages to read their
stories. Anyone out there willing to send them a little something so
they know they were not forgotten?

Page 12 - Fuzzie Friends - Treme, Adrianne, Rathey -
These kids would like Ferretone, Totally Ferret, sleep sacks, toys
Fuzzie Friends
478 Shenandoah Drive
Shreveport LA 71115

Page 46 - Raisins from Heaven Ferret Rescue - Greenwood Hobbs and
Kits - food, toys, bedding, any assortment of goodies
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue
1330 Pontotoc Street
Hernando MS 38632-1213

Page 33 - Richmond Ferret Rescue League -
Sara, Sophie - blankets, hammocks, tubes, grateful for anything
RFRL
19524 Swamp Poodle Lane
Brandy Station VA 22717

Page 33 & 34 - RFRL - Mocha, Phoebe, Bacardi -
Marshalls food, blankets, hammocks, tubes, toys, treats, balls
RFRL
3421 Mill Quarter Road
Ford VA 23850

Page 34 - RFRL - Gus -
Ferretone, Ferretvite, baby food, blankets, treats
RFRL
3019 Hey Road
Richmond VA 23224

Page 34 - RFRL - Coco, Swiper, Gilbert, Possum, Skittles -
Ferretone, treats, toys, bedding, appreciative for anything
RFRL
681 Hildebrand Church Road
Waynesboro VA 22980

tle