From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 06:24:39 -0700
I apologize, But I have to respond about Danee's claims that spectaors
& their ferrets are not allowed at most AFA shows.

Danee you claim:
>Actually, Debi, that is not a problem, because most AFA shows do
>not allow ferrets who are not for sale or not being shown into
>the showhall - period. So, a spectator does not need to know the
>requirements, since their ferrets will not be allowed into the
>showhall.

Not sure why you used Scarlett's show requirments after this statement
you made. I know for a fact, that spectators AND their ferrets ARE
alowed to enter the Buckeye Bash show hall. So what AFA shows do NOT
allow spectators & their ferrets into the show hall?? To my knowledge,
AFA shows are "Open" shows, open to the public. I have never read that
an AFA show was a "Closed" show, meaning only those who are showing and
those who have ferrets for sale will have entry to the show.

HMMMMMMMMMMM In the past I have been to couple of the AFA National
Shows (I beleive in York), the AFA sanctioned shows at Tall Cedars Hall
in Maryland, the Pennsilvania Ferret Rescue Club (sorry if I got the
name wrong Sharon, Mary & Kim) sanctioned shows that are now held in
Gillbertsvill PA twice a year and oh yes, The Ferret Buckeye Bash in
Ohio I have also been to a couple of times and have seen "Spectators"
with their ferrets in tow. I have brought a ferret with me on occasion
and have never been refused entry to the show hall because I was NOT
and Exhibitor or had ferrets for sale. So Danee, would you mind sharing
with me and everyone what AFA & AFA sanctioned shows do not allow
spectators & their ferrets at these shows??

After you shared Scarlett's show packet, the last part you added to it
was this:

And Finally:

"NO OTHER ANIMALS IN THE SHOW HALL, PLEASE!!"

Danee, I believe you are missunderstand this statement and I'm sure
Scarlett will correct me if I'm wrong, BUT i think this pertains to
other animals such as cats, dogs, rabbits, rodents, etc. LOL

Heck, a representitive of AFA advertises on almost every Yahoo ferret
group I belong to that they are looking for new members to join AFA at
least a couple of times a year. So WHY would they turn away possible
future members from a show??

Ok, I'm done. And Danee, please don't privately e-mail me on this. As
I told you last night in our private e-mail, trying to further push
my buttons is a wast of my time and yours so please go pester someone
else. LOL

Respectfully,
Debi