From:
"Beth A. Plodzik DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 06:39:51 EST
I want to thank all of you that emailed me or answered on the list about my
posting about the sick ferret.  Unfortunately, the little guy died during
the night after being seen by the emergency vet on call.  The offer of an
autopsy was declined.

We had planned on an IV early that morning and exploratory surgery once he
was strong enough.

I have been told that ferrets have no different blood types?  For future
reference, does anyone have any experience with blood transfers?  We don't
see many ferrets so finding blood donors might be a problem.  Is there some
kind of national ferret blood bank?  Has anyone had oxyhemoglobin used
instead of whole blood?  Did it work as well?  Thanks again for all your
help.

Beth