From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:43:44 -0500
>From:    Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
>Sometimes it does take a while for the hair to regrow and the vulva
>swelling to go down.  Typically it's on the order of 8 weeks, so you should
>be seeing some improvement soon ( 1-4 weeks).  If not, give your vet a
>call.  Maybe he'll do a Tennessee Panel test to make sure that the other
>adrenal is not involved.

It just so happens that one of my ferrets had some blood taken for a
chemistry panel to check glucose levels, among other things.  I mentioned
the Univ. of TN hormone screening to my vet and she said that they no
longer do it.  She's going to an exotic animal vet conference this weekend
and she said that she'll ask around and see if anyone is doing that type
of testing, but according to her, Univ. of TN no longer is in the hormone
testing business.

Karen
A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of
the wicked is cruel."
                                         (Proverbs 12:10 RSV)
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html