From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 09:44:29 -0900
I am finally feeling a bit better after allowing myself to be very upset all
weekend about Tequila's passing.  I guess what bothers me the most is that I
figured it would be complications of the adrenal gland disease/Lysodren
treatment that would take her.  She was doing so well, healthy appetite and
all.  I just didn't expect it to be something totally unrelated to take her,
and not this quickly.  I feel really guilty, like I should have picked up on
this sooner and just didn't, because I wasn't looking for it.  I'm currently
in the Nursing program and one of my instructor's has been saying "You'll
miss more by not looking, than by not knowing" - I guess that point has been
well driven home now.  My boyfriend told me to stop kicking myself, that I
did a lot for her that other may not have.  She wasn't supposed to live very
long at all when I had acquired her, a few months I think.  She was with me
for 1 year & 3 months.  Even so, I wish it could have been longer.

I would like to thank everyone who sent me personal e-mail messages of
condolences.  It really means a lot to know that others understand your
grief and take a few minutes of their time to convey their sympathies to
you.  Thank-you.

Holly