From:
Justin & Deana Beek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 07:11:18 +0000
>I dont know about you but I am seriously mad to the max about the letter
>regarding feeding mice to ferrets.... maybe I am ignorant to what a ferret
>needs, and I may be completely off on this subject, but I think it is sick.

If you think feeding mice to ferrets is "sick" then I challenge you to do a
search on the internet and find out what kibble is "REALLY MADE OF".  The
following site is a good start.  It contains a report titled "What's Really
in Pet Food" by the Animal Protection Institute.

http://www.api4animals.org/petfood.htm

In regards to Reet:
>This person 'spoke for the whole list' in thier reply.  Apparently, I do
>not understand this 'community' of 'animal lovers', and I am degrading the
>list with my disgusting talk of feeding my animal 'other animals', and that
>this was a huge blow against people trying to convince people that ferrets
>are domesticated.

First off let me say that this person does NOT speak for everyone on this
list.  I for one am very interested in the feeding of natural diets to
pets.  However, my ferrets refuse to touch mice.  (They have kibble etched
in their brains.  I personally do not believe kibble provides everything.)
You are NOT degrading the list with disgusting talk of feeding a natural
diet to your pets.  I am very interested in hearing about natural diets vs.
kibble diets.

-d-