From:
Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:00:12 PDT
Hi there!

On Sunday, my husband and I returned from Anchorage with Patch & Lily.
Their history is as follows: a family friend got Lily when she was 1 1/2
years old and later got Patch when he was 6 months.  The friends divorced
and the husband moved out of state (I don't know what happened to the
wife?).  In pity, my sister, a bull&terrier rescuer (i.e. pitbulls & bull
terrier rescuer) took over the ferret care of Patch & Lily.  But let's face
it, she has her hands full with 10 cats, 4 pitbulls, 1 husky mix, and a 5
1/2 foot long iguana (plus the fish that she breeds).  Thus the ferrets
were not given as much attention as she wanted to give them.  So, my
husband and I decided that we would take over Patch & Lily's care.  Patch
is now 2 1/2 years old and Lily is 5 1/2 years old.

Yesterday Patch discovered the little critters that inhabit my house.  He
first went nose-to-nose with Norm, my very corpulent gerbil grandfather,
through Norm's cage.  His grandson and cagemate, Scar, ran fearfully
through his cage because of the Big Scary Thing outside his cage, but Norm
tried to convince Patch to go get him some sunflower seeds.  First, Norm
told Patch how his ex-wife tried to kill him, twice.  In response, Patch
started digging into the tank lid of Angel's (Norm's ex-wife) aquarium to
kill Angel for Norm.  But my husband stopped Patch.  Then Norm ask Patch to
retrieve some sunflower seeds which were on top of the rat cage.  So, Patch
jumped on a table, ran across the ferret cage and onto the rat cage, but
before he could get sunflower seeds for Norm, my husband grabbed Patch and
scolded him for trying to harass the rats.  Then when Patch went back to
explain the situation to Norm, my husband forbid Patch from talking to Norm
and made it impossible for those two to continue to talk.  But, everytime
Patch is out, he tries to continue his nose-to-nose discussion with Norm.

Anyways, what is the website address for the description of different
ferret behaviours?

Deb Adams, Patch & Lily (and many other critters)
http://volt.engr.uaf.edu/~fstla