Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 23:15:42 -0600
>Fourth, the sound of the little bells when they are in their cage is,
>well, annoying.  I suppose if you have free roaming ferrets, the bell can
>be a great way to keep track of and/or find your ferrets in the house
>though.

I once had the cutest little pair of Christmas earrings -- little bells
(not like jingle bells, but traditional bells) that had tiny little
clappers that made the prettiest little tinkling noise.  I wore them to
school one day and kept them on for all of about an hour.  Although they
didn't sound that loud to anyone else, to me they roared and nearly drove
me nuts.  It was a constant battle to keep the bells from chiming.  In less
than an hour I had a horrible headache and could barely hear.  For those
who put bells on a pet's collar, I highly suggest you try wearing a set of
earrings like that for a while.  Although the bell isn't right next to the
animal's ear, remember that most animals have a much more sensetive sense
of hearing than most humans.  Kudos to Lisa (and anyone else out there)
for putting her pet's safety above aesthetic value.

Charlotte