From:
Kim Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 15:37:48 -0500
Hi all -

I know recently there has been some talk of blind ferrets.  Does any body
have a deaf ferret?  My Valentine - OOPS!  I guess I never did formerly
introduce him did I ?.  OK Here goes....DADADADUM...(Drumroll here)......I
am proud to announce the new arrival (almost 2 months ago actually) of our
handsome and oh so lovey silvermitt male, Valentine.  When Bunni left me for
the Rainbow Bridge in March, I never did think I would get over it.
But,well, you know how it happens..day after day you find yourself pining
for someone to bite on your toes, You lose your keys and automatically shout
out "Rabbitt which hidey hole are my keys in?", You WISH you had poop to
clean up!  My poor husband really got tired of me trying to get him to roll
over for a raisin.  He said "How long are you going to torture yourself?
(read here: torture ME?) Why dont you just go out and get another ferret?
At least go look at them and play some." I said "Thats just what I'll do,
I'll go LOOK.  It'll be good for me sinc e Im not ready to replace Bunni
yet- its too soon.  Yep, I'll just go LOOK" Yea Right.

So anyway..............I now belong to an adorable, pudgy, cuddly, mammas
boy who is DEAF AS A DOORNAIL.  How do I discipline?  What happens if there
is an emergency and he cant hear me?  Rabbitt would come when I called her.
She certainly knew the sound of "I KNOW youre not in that trash can" or "GET
DOWN FROM THERE RIGHT NOW" The sound of her mousey had her running every
time.  Not gonna happen with my little "pudge" man.  Any suggestions or
information or similar experiences would be of great help.  I want to give
him the best home - SAFEST home - I can, but I dont have any idea how to
handle this one.

Thanks Everybody, Kim

P.S. Yes, He is a blaze.
P.P.S Gary - Give your little bald rescue Bunny extra kisses from me will
you?