From:
Kaycie Silver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 00:30:14 EDT
Hi all it's me again,

I must say I did the stupidist thing today that I am back slapping myself
in the head for.  I accidently left the Laxatone on my desk (it belongs in
my draw) and guess what happend?  Yes, one of my fuzzies got a hold of it.
I found it on my closet floor with a huge sticky puddle and puncture holes
in the tube.  Right now no one has diarrehea but I am waiting to see if
anything happens because I am afraid that they may dehydrate.  I am sitting
vigil and I can't do this.

To top it all off I am the most unprepared mom.  I have a vet who does not
have emergency hours (which I found out tonight) and the answering service
referred me to another 24 hour clinic.  Well guys guess what, they don't
treat ferrets!!!  What kind of crap is this?  Anyway after 10 minutes of
searching thru the yellow pages calling everyone in or around the area, I
got in touch with a couple of people that said that I shouldn't worry and
still keep trying to get in touch with a vet that treats ferrets.  (These
people were all of the 24 hour vets that didn't treat ferrets but I
explained the situation and they gave some advice....ha give me a break).
So now it's an hour since I got in touch with one place that treats ferrets
and I spoke with a woman that I explained the situation to and said that
she will have the DR call within the next couple of minutes.  It is now an
hour and change and where is this reliable doctor.  So to make this longer
than it already is, and to make my point if you don't have a vet that is on
call at night GET ONE before it's too late.  I am going nuts and I am going
to call this stupid idiot back now and find out what is going on.

Does anyone live near the Freehold, NJ area that has a vet that can deal
with an emergency situation?  I would be pleased to know if anyone has one
because I am having no luck finding anyone.  I can't wait to give this one
a piece of my mind boy!

Thanks for your patience with me because I know I can be a pest.

Oh wait the DR finally called, he just said to monitor them and their
activity level as well as eating and drinking and if the diarreah doesn't
go away w/in the next couple of days go to my vet.

Ok gotta go my babies want me they are starting to climb up my leg.

Licks and Dooks!
--Kaycie--
--Maggie--(mommy my tummy hurts!)
--Spanky--(Yum, yum that Laxatone is good stuff why didn't you give me some
  anytime sooner.")