Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:20:53 -0800
And one more thing, for those of you who said cut some slack, she
shouldn't give an accounting.

I was patient, I waited, I told people to back off. My heart and soul
went out to these ferret. I cried and cried and wished I could do more.
I sent emails and calls to family members who care nothing for ferrets
asking them to give $$$.

You know what, It was a public rescue. She asked the WHOLE ferret
community for help. She took our money, our gifts, our donations, our
time and a whole bunch of efforts. And Lori did an AMAZING thing.

But enough is enough. Do not tell me you need money, that this rescue
cost so much and stuff and NOT tell me WHY you need that money. WHY?!?!
What was donated? Give me an accounting of that as well. I need some
credits and debits here.

I waited and I was silent and I told others to be patient. WELL
cough it up. You asked the community for help and now it is time
to JUSTIFY it.

I am mad. How many did she keep back? Why did she get a whole new
building? How did she just get back from a trip to Japan?

The Women and Men of the other shelters and rescues she adopted out
to gave their LAST penny and then some to help her out. THEY spayed
and neutered those babies. THEY ADV tested (or didn't, depending).
THEY took on the food and bedding and liter costs of those ferrets.

She didn't have all 594 (Count, not the 900 originally posted) ferrets
for more then 3 weeks. The ferret community came together through all
of their doubts, concerns and worries and did what was needed to get
them out and help her out.

So do I think we as a community have a right for an accounting. HECK
Yes! We do. And anyone who says we don't is not fair.

You pull our heart strings, you rip open our heart (and pocket books)
and do not expect us to eventually ask WHY?

Silly silly silly,
Staci